Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thing 21: Podcasts

Podcasting is a technology with which I was very unfamiliar until recently. In addition to this exercise and Web Challenge's reliance upon podcasts throughout the previous exercises, I had the good fortune of taking an outline course with a unit on new technologies such as podcasting. All of this reinforcement has helped me to become quite comfortable and moderately competent when using podcasts.

I first checked out Podcast.com, and found several podcasts that seemed interesting to me ("MSNBC News Headlines," "ESPN Baseball Today," "The Monkey Box"). However, the settings on my work computer did not allow me to play any of these. So, I went over to Odeo.com and immediately found "The Onion." I gravitated toward some of the political humor ("Hillary Receives 3 A.M. Phone Call From Drunken Bill Clinton," "Cheney Re-Grows Limb In Front Of Shocked Advisors"), listened to these podcasts (with the volume turned way down), and found them to be hysterical.

Here's the link: http://odeo.com/channel/59786/view

No comments: