Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thing 13: Del.icio.us (and Nutricious!)

I just finished my run through Del.icio.us, and I think the hardest aspect of this web tool is spelling it.

My first impression was, "So what's the big deal?" At first, I didn't see how Del.icio.us was any better than adding websites to my list of favorites. However, the CommonCraft video on the Web Challenge site effectively illustrated the usefulness of Del.icio.us's social aspects. As I dug deeper, I started to realize that this is a highly efficient way to organize information on the internet.

I took a look at some of the wikipedia pages which people had previously bookmarked. While I was able to view the number of people who bookmarked specific pages, as well as the tags people have added in the past, I had some problems finding comments.

Del.icio.us seems to put more quality material within one's grasp, and for that reason appears to be an excellent resource for both serious research tasks and casual personal use.

No comments: