Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thing 17: The Sandbox

I followed the link in the email that was sent to me last month, and was able to establish an account, post a link to my blog, contribute to the tips page, and create a new page about my favorite CDs. It was all fairly intuitive and very easy. The only thing I'm having trouble with is viewing my 'favorites' page now that I have created it.

I found the page on computer tips very interesting and helpful. I had forgotten the key strokes for toggling between open windows (Alt+Tab), and now I plan to use it often enough to remember. This demonstrates one of the best potential uses of a pbwiki: the ready exchange of insights and advice. I suppose pbwikis could also be used as a sort of forum to discuss an organization's policies when they are in their formative phases. The feature of themed pbwikis, such as with the various favorites pages, seems like a good way to foster socialization and creativity among coworkers.

No comments: